Get creative indoors or in the backyard with this easy wall art craft-ivity. Choose your own color, string and pattern to make it your own. Sky’s the limit! Remember: parental assistance required with use of sharp objects. Safety first!
What you’ll need
- Foam core or cork tile
- Small nails, thumbtacks or pins Various colored cotton string or yarn
- Use the template provided or draw a simple cloud or star shape on a blank sheet of paper
- Place your paper over the foam core or cork tile, and after poking holes in the dotted shape outline with a nail or pin, remove the template
- Securely place the nails or pins into each hole you just made
- Pick a spot to start with the string and tie a knot on the nail
- With the string, go across the shape and wrap the string around another nail
- Continue stringing from nail to nail until you begin to see your shape take form
*Fun tip: Change up the colors of the string to add depth and color to your art!